Hey everyone! My name is Nadia and I am initiating this blog with the idea of writing about things, around topics like sport, healthy lifestyle, athleticism, nutrition, the mind-body connection and how our everyday choices define how we would feel and what our quality of life would be and whether we are happy human beings!
The main reason to start this webpage is because I honestly believe that, through my words and actions, I can help people find a path towards themselves, a path they may have lost during the hurricane-like experience called life… And whether we like it or not, we dive into it full speed, when at a certain point we realize, somewhere along the way, we have forgotten to take care of ourselves and our body starts disagreeing. Because even though we are trying to ignore its signals, it does have its needs and sooner or later, it will remind us that we are not the ones running the show (most of the times via an injury, or worsening of our overall health)!
Just a few basic things about me:
- I have been a kumite (sparring) competitor for the Shotokan Karate-do National team of Bulgaria, with many national and international titles, the most important of which: my Gold medal at the World Championship in Poland in 2014 (22nd SKDUN World Shotokan Championship, Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland): World champion in my category -55kg 🙂
- I have been working in IBM Bulgaria for 8 years, combining my sports and competition career with a desk patrol job 😉 My official position is Procurement Applications Support Expert working with English and Italian speaking clients, but I have actually changed about 5-6 different job roles within the organization (I get bored easily :D)
- I have been involved in sports my whole life – I have always been an active person, ever since my childhood I’ve tried almost every sport imaginable – from athletics to tennis, volleyball and even trampoline! In the end, martial arts remained the only thing that kept my interest and in which I developed my professional sports career, baring in mind that I started competing on an international level about 7-8 years ago… I have been practicing since I was 14, with a brief 4-year break, which was due to me trying to finish my higher education, languages education and trying to start a “normal” job 🙂
- My University degree is a Bachelor’s degree in Philosophy! Although I have never used my diploma in real life, philosophy in general helped my learn to analyze the world around me to never stop asking questions about things: “Why?” “How?” “Is there another way?” “What am I doing here and why the hell am I speaking to myself?” 😀
- By vocation – I hope and feel that I have already found it and I am doing everything I can to develop and improve it – a person, who is dedicated in helping people achieve their goals when it comes to health and fitness, obtaining a specific athletic achievement or improving their overall health (something, which people in the fitness industry frequently sacrifice in favor of their body-composition goals)
- Certified Precision Nutrition expert specializing in Sports and Exercise Nutrition (http://www.precisionnutrition.com/our-story)
- Certified FMS (Functional Movement Screen) specialist
- In a few days a certified IKFF (International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation) coach
- A non -certrified dreamer for the opportunity to help people achieve their fitness goals, as long as this does not help in worsening their health one way or another – this non-certification, obtained after a whole lot of mistakes in my personal, professional sports and health career 🙂
These are just a few important points about me as a person and as an athlete. I don’t want to go into too much detail, because I would prefer what I do and write to speak about me much more than my previous achievements and cerrtificates. I would be happy to receive any feedback about whether you like this content and whether it is helpful in any way in terms of your development as athletes and generally healthy human beings!
I thank you in advance for reading and I truly hope that you will find a piece of yourself and what you are looking for thanks to one of my words or my personal helping hand 🙂
P.S.: I have chosen this favourite photo of me in the “About me” section, as it truly depicts the way I am feeling when I achieve a certain goal or I help someone achieve it! Apart from that, the magic and energy of the mountain helped me recover from viral meningitis that hit me from nowhere when I least expected it in September 2016 and made me re-evaluate my priorities and direct my efforts towards helping people find themselves, the same way I believe was its effect on my own life.